Saturday, July 22, 2017

Doctor checkup

Back in May I went to see Dr. Pacheco at UC Denver Anschutz. It was a much better appointment this time around but that may have been because I didn't have to get blood drawn. In general I don't mind getting blood drawn and have no issues with needles, but last time it took like 4 people and countless sticks before success.

So the doctor checked me over, noted my current spots, and recommended that I go back on Narrowband UVB treatments since that was effective previously. She also mentioned that I should keep up once a month maintenance treatments for the rest of my life after getting clear, just to stay clear. I know that there are in-home units you can buy so I'm going to check into my insurance to see if they'll cover it at all. She also recommended a doctor closer to me so I don't have to take the 1-2 hour trek to Denver just for checkups. I plan on checking him out once I can afford my co-pays for appointments and treatments.

It would be good to get clear again and even better if I can get an in-home unit so that I don't have to go to the doctors office multiple times a week. I got my teaching schedule for next year and at least it will allow me to get treatments fairly easily as opposed to this past year when I was teaching almost all day every day.

Other than that, not much of an update. I currently have feint spots on my left arm, with darker ones on my right breast and right flank. They aren't as bad as they've been in the past so I'm not too worried, they're just annoying right now. The one on my arm isn't easily visible right now but if it does get darker, it will be the first spot in a place that is seen when I'm fully clothed which is a bummer, especially since it should be getting sun and UVB rays anyways.

The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment