Sunday, March 25, 2012

Itching

I've only had some itching in the past 20 years since I got my first spot. In the last month, I've been getting more and more spots. In the last week my itching has gotten pretty bad. My stomach area has gotten really bad, both with the dry flaky skin and it being itchy. I've only completed 4 phototherapy sessions, so I can't really expect things to be getting better yet, but I'm wondering how long it will take, or if the treatments will work for me at all. My wife joked that now that I know about the MF, it has gone crazy. I am so grateful that she made me go see the doctor in January. At that point, the spots weren't that bad. Occasionally my main one get really flaky and it would hurt where too much skin came off, but I could put neosporin on it and be fine. I didn't really think it was necessary to see the doctor, just bad eczema. With how bad it is now, I'm really glad I went to the doctor back in January and could already be in treatment when it got this bad. The thing is, it could still be so much worse. I am still extremely fortunate with how I am right now. I will deal with the itching, the alternative isn't acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment