Friday, November 30, 2012

It's just a minor setback.

This is always a stressful time of year for everyone. I've been particularly stressed lately and it has shown on my skin. Several new spots popped up on my legs and stomach. I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my doctor on Wednesday and was glad for the chance to show him the new spots. He believes they're the result of going from once a week NBUVB to every other week; it may have been too much of a reduction. I'll be going once a week again and hopefully that will clear up the new spots. He still doesn't believe I need to use Targretin or any other topical gels so that's good news.

The new spots aren't large enough to be really concerning, its just not the direction I want to be heading in. My oldest, largest spot has almost completely faded, but its still there, slightly pink, and hasn't changed at all in the last 6 months or so. I'm trying to be happy with where I'm at, I know I am far luckier than most with this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment